About UsRead More
Denard & Kay Harris trace their family roots back to the early 1700’s, with the migration of Quakers to Carteret County.Their family church was the Clubfoot Creek Quaker Church (circa 1760-1841). Their love & fascination with historical places inspired the foundation for sharing this venue with others.
In 1872, Haywood G. Harris (great-grandfather) purchased the 300-acre farm for $300 gold dollars. Will Harris (grandfather) developed a large sawmill operation on the property in the early 1900’s. The 1903 farm house was built for the mill’s caretaker. Haywood and Sadie (Denard’s parents) moved into the house in 1934 and Denard & Kay lived there in 1999-2002. The fourth generation homestead has hosted many events…family reunions, weddings, receptions, birthdays, anniversaries…..and a few hurricanes!